Self Assessment

       Sometimes, I ask myself, "What is the limit? What is the limit to learning? To gaining information? To understanding bodies of facts upon facts? Is there a boundary that will stop me? Will I learn so much information to the point where I am incapable of learning more?" Sometimes, I would like the answer to be yes. That way, I do not need to work so hard in school. But at the end, I always come to the conclusion of no. There is no limitation that keeps a person from learning. There is no limit nor will there ever be. However, there is one thing that is capable of detaining us though, and that is ourselves. There is no line that we cannot cross to learn more information. But, sometimes, we create that line for ourselves. That line that separates us from grasping knowledge.

      The people who create that line are the ones who set it for themselves. They are the ones who think that what they know is what they know and anything more than that is impossible for them to learn. But, I would like to ask these people, "Why are you like that? Why do you think in such a way? Why can you not put in more effort to learn?"  Is a pep talk what these people need to do better? Is a little motivation from others going to get them out of this mindset? What is it that we need to do to get them out of thinking that intelligence is a gift to the fortunate? Because it is not. Intelligence is the reward from learning. It is the reward from putting in the effort of actually trying to understand what we are taught. Knowledge is a gift to us that cannot be wasted. 

       When I think of myself, I know that I have a growth mindset. I know that I can learn more and more until I go crazy. I will not stop learning, and it is only my human nature. I learn from my parents, my teachers, my friends, my peers, and most importantly, my mistakes. I take in knowledge from everyone, everything, and every mistake that I have made. If I fall off my bike, it is alright because I know that next time I will not lean so much to the right. If I see someone stealing and having to face the consequence of going to jail, I learn not to do that. Everyday, I am taught a lesson by everything around me. I have no choice but to learn. But I am okay with that because that is what makes me a better person.

       

Comments

  1. Amazing Blogs Adona. They are very indepth and the pictures really help with the undesrtanding. You are doing some good reflecting keep it up.

    -TJ M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your explanations and class summaries helped me a lot. After reading your blog it gave me a lot of ideas on what I could do to improve my blog. For example I like that you have examples of situations that apply and your reflections are very thurough, this is something I am going to start doing! Keep up the good work Adona!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free End vs Fixed End on Spring

SPOOKY ELECTRIC FORCE

Challenge Activity (Parabolic Motion)